About: Kevin Godbee
I've always loved cooking. When I was 6-years old I wanted to cook. When my mom said that she was just running to the neighbor's and would be right back, I climbed onto the kitchen counter and found Lipton Instant French Onion Soup Mix. By the time my mom returned, I was stirring the pot on the stove, and proclaimed; "Look Mom! I'm cooking!"
In High School, I took three different cooking classes and got an A in each. After getting my first apartment, I used to cook 5-nights a week, and go out two nights. An old girlfriend from decades ago had a brother-in-law that was a CEO of a trucking company, and he used to entertain in Manhattan quite a bit ... and he started taking us along.
This was when I learned about gourmet food and fine wine. For a couple of years, Lori and I went out about 4-5 nights a week, but now we have a better balance of 50/50 between cooking at home, and going out to the amazing restaurants we are so lucky to have in our beloved Downtown St. Petersburg.
Recent Posts by Kevin Godbee
Recent Comments by Kevin Godbee
- July 7, 2017 on Flûte & Dram The New Champagne & Whiskey Bar Coming to Beach Drive
- March 29, 2017 on The Cider Press Cafe Has Some Hot New Menu Items
- March 7, 2017 on Fall in Love with The Reading Room…We did!
- January 9, 2017 on Hidden Gems for Food in St. Petersburg, FL 2016
- December 1, 2016 on November 2016 Caption Winners Sponsored by Hunger + Thirst Group