About: Kevin Godbee
I've always loved cooking. When I was 6-years old I wanted to cook. When my mom said that she was just running to the neighbor's and would be right back, I climbed onto the kitchen counter and found Lipton Instant French Onion Soup Mix. By the time my mom returned, I was stirring the pot on the stove, and proclaimed; "Look Mom! I'm cooking!"
In High School, I took three different cooking classes and got an A in each. After getting my first apartment, I used to cook 5-nights a week, and go out two nights. An old girlfriend from decades ago had a brother-in-law that was a CEO of a trucking company, and he used to entertain in Manhattan quite a bit ... and he started taking us along.
This was when I learned about gourmet food and fine wine. For a couple of years, Lori and I went out about 4-5 nights a week, but now we have a better balance of 50/50 between cooking at home, and going out to the amazing restaurants we are so lucky to have in our beloved Downtown St. Petersburg.
Recent Posts by Kevin Godbee
Recent Comments by Kevin Godbee
- February 8, 2018 on Amazing “Grace”, How Sweet to Have Found …
- January 27, 2018 on NuMex Serves Up Delicious Traditional New Mexican Fare
- January 25, 2018 on Nueva Cantina’s New Menu is Scrumpdillyicious
- January 25, 2018 on 10 Best Mexican Restaurants in St. Petersburg FL 2018
- September 29, 2017 on Review: VIP Mexican Restaurant & Lounge