Lori Brown · Sep 14, 2016 · 1 min read
When I was growing up my grandma used to cook and bake all of the time. I was the baker in the family along with Grandma. Before she passed away, she hand wrote her recipes for me and I am going to share them with you. Some of them are left up for interpretation so I will do my best.
Grandma Brown's "A Delicious Dessert"
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 pkgs instant pudding Grandma recommends lemon, chocolate or butterscotch.
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tbsp extra nuts as a topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, flour and 1/2 cup of nuts together and press in 9 X 12" pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and Cool Whip together and spread over cooled crust.
- Mix both packages of instant pudding with the milk and put as the next layer.
- Add the extra nuts as a topping.
- Refrigerate and serve with whipped cream. ***Please note that the featured image is not of the actual dessert. The nuts go on before the extra whipped cream topping.