Peach and Tomato Toast with Mozzarella & Basil
This Toast can be made year-round, of course, but Tomatoes and Peaches are in their prime during late summer.
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes Ripe and sliced into thin rounds. If you can't find Heirlooms, any ripe Tomato will do.
- 1 Peach Ripe, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil large and small leaves
- Raw Honey Use any Honey that you'd like, as long as it drizzles well.
- 4 Slices Bread Organic is preferred, as always.
- 2 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter Such as Vital Farms, but any butter/Ghee will suffice, just make sure it's at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter each piece of Bread on one side and (carefully!) place the bread in the oven directly on the oven racks (in my experience, this allows for evenly crisp toast). Toast for 20-25 minutes- the toast should be golden and crisp all over.
Carefully remove the bread from the oven with kitchen tongs. Immediately top each piece of Toast with Mozzarella, a few large Basil leaves, Peach and Tomato slices, a generous drizzling of Honey, a few small Basil leaves and a sprinkle of salt.