If you want to impress dinner guests with minimal effort, Ceviche is the answer. Feel free to use something other than Snapper, as Shrimp and most any whitefish will substitute well.
- 1 lb Red Snapper As fresh as possible. Skin removed, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup lime juice Plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 avocado Small to medium in size.
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 cup Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Seeded and minced.
- 1/4 Medium Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro Roughly chopped.
- 1 tsp Salt Plus more, as needed.
- Lime Wedges For serving.
- Tortilla Chips For serving.
Add Snapper pieces and 1 cup Lime Juice to a medium size bowl and lightly salt. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to several hours.
While Fish marinates in the Lime Juice, add remaining ingredients (except Avocado) and remaining 2 Tbsp Lime Juice to serving bowl.
Just before fish has finished marinated, chop Avocado into small 1/4 inch pieces, add to bowl with Peppers and Onion.
After fish has marinated for at least 30 minutes, remove from Lime Juice and add to Pepper, Avocado and Onion mixture. Discard Lime Juice. Add Cilantro, stir to combine and add salt, to taste. Serve cold with Lime wedges and Tortilla Chips.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 25gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 660mgPotassium: 837mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 639IUVitamin C: 59mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 1mg