Lori Brown · Sep 10, 2016 · 1 min read
When I was growing up my grandma used to cook and bake all of the time. I was the baker in the family with Grandma. Before she passed away, she hand wrote her recipes for me and I am going to share them with you. Some of them are left up for interpretation so I will do my best.
Grandma Brown's Homemade Brownies
- 1 & 1 cup & tbsp all purpose flour That is 1 cup & 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 squares melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or nut of your choice Grandma's recipe says "They are good with 1 cup of pecans but leave out when your "daddy" is going to be around."
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt - set aside.
- Beat the eggs.
- Melt the butter and the unsweetened chocolate together.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and mixture of butter & chocolate together.
- Add the flour mixture, vanilla and nuts, if you so choose.
- Pour in a 9 X 12" baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.