Lori Brown · Oct 7, 2016 · 1 min read
When I was growing up my grandma used to cook and bake all of the time. I was the baker in the family along with Grandma. Besides baking she had other fantastic dishes that we all loved! Before she passed away, she hand wrote her recipes for me and I am going to share them with you. Some of them are left up for interpretation so I will do my best. This one especially since there are really no measurements.
Grandma Brown's Beef Barbecue
- 1 any size chuck beef roast no specification
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- ketchup to taste
- yellow mustard to taste
- worcestershire sauce to taste
- can small tomato sauce to taste
- barbecue sauce to taste
- Grandma says to cook a Chuck Beef Roast on the top of the stove with an onion, water and salt and pepper until done. I would say use a crock pot on medium for 6 - 8 hours.
- Break up the roast (it should fall apart) and take out the fat.
- Grandma says to add ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and barbecue sauce a little bit at a time until you get the right taste.
- Serve on buns.