There’s good news for fans of Brick Street Farms. They have recently launched their fourth “farm”—meaning a new shipping container that has been converted into “hydroponic, indoor growing facility that produces leafy greens and herbs year-round in highly technology based, climate controlled environments.”
Check out our original article on Brick Street Farms here.
Brick Street quickly caught on with several local restaurants, which took all, or nearly all of their production, leaving little to nothing for us home cooks.
This is why they decided to make a farm dedicated to just consumers, and to create their annual membership club—to guarantee that you can get your own allotment of their tasty organic leafy greens and herbs.
NOTE: The Membership Club is limited to 150 members. It launches on August 1st, so mark your calendars.
Here are the details received via email from BSF.
- Memberships will be available for purchase beginning August 1
- Limited to 150 memberships only – we are doing this to ensure all members get a bountiful share
- Memberships will last 1 full year
- Membership pick-ups will be bi-weekly (every other week) – as you know our produce keeps well for easily 2 weeks
- Memberships will include our raw local honey
- Annual member averages $13 per week and costs $695 for the year
- Memberships require a 50% deposit (or pay in full upfront) and remaining balance paid in full by September 1
- Pick up will be on Saturdays at Brick Street Farms
- We are considering delivery to the immediate downtown area for an additional fee, but this is to be determined
Here’s the page to bookmark (and it has a lot more details on how the club works) –
Brick Street Farms is a hydroponic, indoor growing facility that produces leafy greens and herbs year-round in highly technology based, climate controlled environments.